I've done a terrible job of keeping up with this blog, but I figured that'd be the case from the beginning:). Our biggest news is that we are in the process of having a house built. It's in Kyle. After I got back from Memphis, I told Alex that we needed to start figuring out what we're going to do when our lease is up. He was such a man of action (he does that sometimes :)) and had an appointment with a Realtor about 3 days later. We looked at a few different builders/communities/houses and within a a little more than a week had decided on one.
In the title I say we might have a house b/c I keep hearing so much about how the economy and home loans could be changing that it makes me wonder how it'll impact us. Hopefully this is where getting "grandfathered-in" will come into effect b/c we started the process this month.
We're really excited about it. I am excited because... Baxter will have a yard, I'll feel more comfortable walking/biking/jogging near our place of residence, we'll have enough room for our stuff!!!, we're moving to a smaller city, I get to make plans on how we'll decorate, we got to pick out a lot of the things that are going to be in the house, we'll have a yard!!!, and I'm excited for many more reasons.
I'm not looking forward to... finding a new job (this is up in the air, but most likely...), church being farther away, actually having to decorate, moving, and spending over $100,000!!!
This is a very consuming, but enjoyable, process. It has been more fun than planning our wedding. With the house, it's feels likes is (almost) totally about us and our future family.
That's enough for now. I'll try to keep you guys updated.
No comments:
Post a Comment