Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Oops... it's been a while

Sorry to let you down guys. Our house has been great. I'll tell you some of the bigger stories of our life in the past few months. You might already know about it, but I haven't posted on here.

We've dog sat 2 times. We watched my family's dogs in June and Alex's in July. I loved hanging out with my parents' dogs b/c they were puppies when I lived with them. They are my buds :)

We've "baby" sat my sisters.

In June, our washing machine malfunctioned and water flooded most of the house. The house is still torn up from that experience. We should be getting flooring reinstalled next week. Our carpet pad, some vinyl flooring, and a few base boards need to be replaced. We also will have to do lots of touch up painting.
This actually happened the day after we got my parents dogs. So all those events were more ____ (something) than we had planed.

I'm really, really hoping for a new job. My job is really emotionally and physically demanding and I don't get paid much considering I'm licensed and work so danged hard. I'm ready to move on. Pray for me to find jobs to apply for, actually fill out applications, and be able to take time off to interview. (District applications take lots of time and effort to fill out.) Also pray for something that could possibly last longer than a year (God willing) b/c I'm tired of changing jobs.

We got a reel mower. It's the kind that you push and it cuts. You don't need electricity or gas. I love it and think it's fun to use. I was nervous about getting something so archaic, but it has turned out great.

It has RAINED. Since we moved in it's has not rained long enough to really do much good for the plant life here. It is such a blessing to not have to water the yard this week.

We saw Get Smart with Sarah and Cara. I enjoyed it, but it's plot and jokes were typical for its genre. The funniest thing I remember is our ticket from the theater said the title was "Get Smart-A." I think the A stood for the theater it was in b/c they had two shows. It still made me giggle though. No one else appreciated my joke. ;)

I was nominated for two awards at work. The Austin area centers have a banquet every year where they recognize employee achievement. The nominators were my co-workers and the parents. I was nominated for a Diversity Award and as a Rising Star. I was the only white person nominated for the Diversity Award and that makes me laugh. I know diversity is about more than skin color (obviously I do if I was nominated) but really? Me? Diverse? I REALLY want to know who filled it out and why. I asked around, no one confessed.

This post is officially too long.

No comments: