I've had issues with my dentists for more than 10 years now. Almost every time I go to the dentist I need fillings. I get told by hygienist how I need to take better care of my teeth, when I feel like I do way more for my teeth than almost anyone I know (rinses, flossing, minimal soda consumption.) I have grown to really loathe going to the dentist. I used to LOVE it.
Here are some things I've learned recently:
-I've been told to rinse and brush with fluoride, when apparently fluoride can be terrible for your health. I first realized this when I read the precautions on a prescription toothpaste's label warnings.
-Listerine can damage your teeth, but helps your gums
-Fillings are terrible
-Artificial sweeteners are not as great as they are marketed to be
I am using Listerine and a fluoride rinse on this program. You have to be careful how you use these products to make sure you get the benefits with minimal bad-efits haha. This is research from several weeks, so it's hard to explain it all in one post. If you are interested in finding out more, start at the sites I linked and you'll have plenty to read.
http://askdrellie.blogspot.com/
From this site I've realized that my stomach/acid problems are probably adding to my dental problems. I've been on Dr.Ellie's plan for about 3 weeks and I do notice a difference. My gums are much healthier & I'm not having nearly as much tooth pain.
I got my xylitol from a company in CO. My HEB just started stocking it too.
No comments:
Post a Comment