Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Books I'm Reading



1. relational- 20 and Counting! This is the Duggar's book. I read it last year; pulled it off the shelf recently to lend to a friend. She ended up not being at church the day I took it to her, so I decided to read it again. I recommend this book, especially if you enjoy Christian auto/biographies. It is interesting to see all the Lord has lead them them through. This book covers a whole life of skills with a Biblical world-view: dating, marriage, child rearing topics, money management, applying the Bible to your life, and so on.

2. kingdom-Faithful Women and Their Extraordinary God - A book of biographies of 5 Christian women. The most different thing that this book offers compared to other biographies is Noel Piper ends each section with insight into how we can apply lessons from the person's life to our own.
a review

3. learning-  The True Woman- This book encourages Christian women in applying God's Word to their lives. I picked it up last year after a few bloggers reviewed it. It was theologically heavy in parts, but was mixed with easier to read stories of how women had applied the truth to their lives. This is a book I will probably read again to try to understand even better. Each chapter ended with about 4 challenges to help you grow in the areas discussed (I did a few.) It could easily take someone months to go through this book if they stopped to really reflect and do the "homework."


4. fun- I only had time for 3 books this month.

1 comment:

FishMama said...

Great job reading this month. The Duggars certainly are interesting. I confess not to knowing much about them, though.