I posted something similar to this recently, but some people asked me questions about it so here are some more details.
I found this link to a USDA pdf that shows how much food cost for the people in our country. I always wondered how our grocery budget measured up to others. Our spending falls well under the thrifty plan! Yea!
We save by combining coupons with sales. I also will stock up on something if it is a good price and won't go bad before we're able to use it. For example, Alex's favorite brand of deodorant was on sale for $2.50 last week and if you bought $15 worth of that brand you got $5 to use on your next purchase at CVS. So I bought $15 worth of the deodorant. I found 2 coupons for $3 off of 2 deodorants. That takes us down to $9 for 6 deodorants. Then i found 2 coupons for $1.50 off of one deodorant. So that's a total of $6 for 6 deodorants. After I paid I got a $5 coupon on my receipt for next time. It is totally extreme to have 6 deos, so we'll probably give 2 to a charity and the rest will be used before their sell by date.
Here are websites I use to help me plan my super cheap trips:
Southern Savers- I mainly use her CVS posts. She'll do all the work of finding the sales and tell you where to get the coupon to make the sale an even better deal. She also posts deals for Walgreens and Target. I check them if I feel like it, but I'm trying to stick to two stores, HEB and CVS.
Money Saving Mom- Crystal is a Christian and following the same financial plan as us, so I find her site to be very relevant to us. She posts deals for almost any store you can think.
No comments:
Post a Comment