Sunday, March 7, 2010

I'm playing the CVS game again

I've been trying to use CVS's weekly deals, combined with coupons, to save us money. (I also did this last year, but quit b/c I had a pretty good stockpile and was tired of coupons.) This really helps me keep our grocery budget low. Our grocery budget includes almost all of our household purchases (printer ink & air filters are two examples of things we include that others might not count as a grocery item.) I've spent about $40 at CVS over the past month and got 3 months worth of dental products, 2 gallons of milk, shampoo, 2 months of cereal, razors, coffee, toiletries, and makeup. That's a really good deal compared to what I would have spent, but I do have to put effort into it. I have to cut coupons and spend some time planning my shopping. I've heard people think the savings is especially worth all the extra effort when they have kids in diapers.

If you are interested in trying out the CVS game, here are links to the sites I use. These ladies do all of the hard work of figuring out what is a good deal and where to find the coupons to make it a better deal.

http://www.iheartcvs.com/
http://www.southernsavers.com/category/cvs/
http://moneysavingmom.com/category/cvs-deals

Walgreen's has a similar program and you can also find plenty of blogs that post the deals for them too.

No comments: