Thursday, July 1, 2010

Blue Bell Love - Southern Blackberry Cobbler

Someone did a series of them trying out Blue Bell flavors. I thought it was interesting so I am going to copy her here. I plan to post whenever we try out new Blue Bell (which won't be all that often.) I'd love to see other people do the same thing so we can all see if the non-traditional flavors are worth trying or if we should stick to our favorites.

Walgreen's has Blue Bell ice cream on sale this week for $4. Combine that with the $1 off coupon on the Blue Bell website and it makes for a great deal. (you can print two if you hit the back button.)

I tried out Southern Blackberry Cobbler.


Description from website: Creamy ice cream with a luscious blackberry flavor combined with flaky pie crust pieces and a blackberry sauce swirl.



It is really yummy. The blackberry swirl tastes like a syrup I've made at home using fresh berries. It does not taste artificial. There are chunks of flaky pie crust mixed in.  I don't know how they do it, but those elements are not frozen rock-hard. They have a texture like you'd get if this were homemade and you threw in some fresh pie crust and blackberry syrup. The ice cream has a rich vanilla taste. I recommend you try it.

No comments: